OK, I am just going to have to skim over the biggest year of my life so far or I am NEVER going to be able to blog again! It is just too overwhelming! ONE DAY I promise that I am going write about the surgery from my standpoint one day but that day is just not today. Let's see what you have missed since I last wrote...
1. The entire Philippines trip
4. New job!
5. Leigh got engaged!
6. Matt :)
1. It was amazing AS ALWAYS but this one was topped off by finding out the very day that my plane took off that I was a match for Janet! I honestly believe that everyone should take one trip to a third world country to do mission work. Everyone may not love it the same as I do and want to continue doing it but NO ONE would ever regret going and it will change your life.
2. The surgery is one of the best and the worst things that has ever happened to me. I got to see the best in SO MANY people but physically it was the worst! I had no idea what I was getting myself into but I have never regretted for one minute doing it! The funny thing about it is that everyone thinks Janet received the gift but it was definitely me who is better off than before the surgery.
3. ELLIE! Isn't she the best thing ever??? I mean, seriously! I feel like my heart is literally outside of my body and when she is happy it brings me a joy like no other but when she is upset it literally breaks my heart! That little person is definitely proof of God's perfection!
4. I am no longer working night shift, no longer at 911, no longer working multiple jobs, and am no longer in school. Consequently, I no longer have any money. However, the life I have gained is worth more than all of the money in the world.
5. Leigh is engaged! The proposal was awesome and I am SO GLAD we all got to be a part of it and witness it! She is in the midst of wedding planning and although she is a little stressed she is loving every minute of it! We love Nathan and are all impressed that he can deal with the little Walker fireball! Just kidding! I, obviously, think she is the greatest and no one deserves her but he is a good, Christian man and I hope God showers them with more blessings than they know what to do with! Stay tuned for details on the impending nuptials!
6. Meet Matt. The kindest, funniest, sweetest, adorable, most handsome, most thoughtful, calmest, most encouraging, most helpful, most loving person I have ever met! There is a line from one of my favorite movies that goes, "You are everything that I never knew that I always wanted." Matt is that for me. He's kind of like Ellie because it is hard for me to remember a time before him. Apparently, God's time REALLY is better than my own.