Sunday was Jessica's 8th birthday and I just CAN NOT believe it! I remember the day she was born like it was literally yesterday! For anyone who doesn't know, Jess was born to the aunt who very practically raised me! I can't imagine being any more excited for a baby to come into this world than I was Jess! So, as I blame Amy every time a birthday comes around, here are 8 things you should know about Jessica Ann!
1. Before Jessica was born the doctors were pretty sure she did not have Down Syndrome. When she was born and did, her parents NEVER missed a step! They did things JUST as well as anyone who had had months to prepare!
2. She LOVES (that is the understatement of the post!) to swim and is REALLY good! The kid is like a FISH!!! I'm pretty sure that she would NEVER get out if Gin gave her any choice!
3. People always told me how happy and sweet down syndrome kids are and she definitely is! Her laugh could make anyone feel better! (she also has quite a stubborn streak....Uncle Kenny told me though that that had little to do with Down Syndrome and a lot to do with her linage! :^)
4. She participates in Special Olympic bowling!
5. She has the longest, skinniest arms and legs I have ever seen!
6. She spent the first week of her life in the hospital in Augusta.
7. Although she doesn't speak she communicates VERY well! Let's just say you know when she's happy and having fun and you definitely know when she isn't and doesn't!
8. She is the light of our lives. I can't imagine one child bringing anymore happiness into a families lives than Jess has brought into ours!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESS!